Suitable applicants can invest in a Fitness Matters franchise in 1 of 2 ways. You can open a new club in one of our future approved territories (FATs) or you can purchase an existing club that may be listed for sale. If you are the owner of an independent club that is interested in joining the Fitness Matters Brand, you will also be required to follow the franchisee selection process.
The up front investment for the Fitness Matters model can range between $200,000 to $500,000 (plus GST) depending on the size of your club. You will need to budget for the following expenses to set up your franchise:
- $50,000 plus GST upfront franchise fee to join the fitness matters franchise group;
- Club fit-out and council fees;
- Fitness Equipment (which is normally leased);
- Furniture and Fittings;
- Lease deposits, Bonds, Legal’s and Bank Guarantees;
- Initial Pre-Launch Marketing Campaign;
- Initial stock, uniforms, stationery and merchandise;
- Working Capital that also needs to cover wages during the training and pre-sale periods.
Ongoing fees include 8% royalty fee and 3% marketing fee. The franchise term is 5 years plus a further term of 5 years as a renewal option.