We all know ‘Drinking Water’ is good for us, but exactly how does water benefit our bodies??
To really appreciate the benefits of drinking water, it is important to understand why drinking water is vital to our bodies and our health, below are some of the roles on how water helps our bodies function properly.
- Water assists our bodies with weight loss
- Water helps to regulate the bodies temperature
- Water protects and moisturises our joints
- Water helps to detoxifies our body
- Water helps to transport nutrients and oxygen into our cells
- Water moisturises the air in our lungs
- Water helps with our metabolism
- Water protects our organs and helps to absorb nutrients better
- Our blood consist of 83% water
- Bones consist of 22% water
- And our brain consist of 90% water
So as you can see our bodies are anywhere from 55% to 78% water depending on our body size, so if the body doesn’t get enough water the body and brain doesn’t function properly.
So the next time you feel fatigued and or have a headache this may be signs of being dehydrated.
Other signs of being dehydrated are –
- Dark Urine (Yellow or Orange in colour) – Urine is generally pale yellow to clear when well hydrated. A dark colour or a strong smell indicates you need to drink more water
- Dry Skin – Skin is the largest body organ and requires plenty of water to remain subtle and well hydrated
- Thirst – This is the most obvious sign of dehydration
- Hunger – Many people often mistake being hungry for the indication to eat more, but in actual fact, they may only be dehydrated. So before you have something to eat, grab a glass of water
- Fatigue – A glass of water is a great energy boost
Here are some of the benefits of drinking water daily –
- The More You Drink, The More You Shrink – Drinking water is a great way to help with your weight loss because it helps to flush out our fat breakdown. Water also helps to reduce hunger, so it’s a great appetite suppressant. Also water has zero calories!!!
- Natural Remedy – Although there can be many reasons that can contribute to a headache, dehydration is the most common cause. So drinking water can be a great cure for headaches
- Better Exercise – Drinking plenty of water helps regulate your body temperature, so for our bodies this means we will feel more energetic when exercising. Water also helps to fuel our muscles
- Better Brain Function – The brain is mostly made up of water, so drinking water helps you to think better, be more alert and be more focused
- Less Cramps and Sprains – Being probably hydrated helps keep your joints and muscles hydrated, meaning you are less likely to get cramps and sprains
- Relives Fatigue – Water helps to flush toxins and waste products from our bodies. If the body lacks water, our organs have to work harder meaning not only do we feel fatigued but so do our organs
- Fights Illnesses – Drinking water can improve the immune system which helps fight against colds & flus
So as you can see drinking water has many benefits to having a happy & healthy body, mind & soul